The Controller of the processing of personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter – GDPR) is SIA “TOLMETS”.
Legal basis for processing personal data. The Company processes personal data mainly on the following legal grounds:
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Controller is subject;
- processing is necessary for the conclusion and performance of a contract;
- processing is necessary for the pursuit of the legitimate interests of the Controller or of a third party (including the pursuit of commercial activities, the development of goods and services, the prevention of unlawful activities against the Company’s property and other legitimate interests).
Security of data processing. The Company shall, within the framework of applicable laws and regulations, ensure the confidentiality of personal data and implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access, unlawful processing or disclosure, accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
Storage and deletion of personal data. The Company shall store personal data within the period and in accordance with the procedure established by the regulatory enactments, and the period of storage of personal data may be specified in service or cooperation agreements and other related documents. Or it is determined by the Company based on the purposes and principles of data processing.
The personal data stored will be deleted if the data subject’s consent to its storage is withdrawn, if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was stored or if its storage is not permitted for other legal reasons.
Categories of recipients of personal data. The Company shall not disclose to third parties the personal data of the Customer or any information obtained during the provision of services and the performance of the Contract, except:
- in accordance with the Customer’s express and unambiguous consent;
- to persons provided for by external laws and regulations upon their justified request, in the manner and to the extent provided for by external laws and regulations (e.g.: State Police, State Revenue Service, State Environmental Service, etc.);
- in the cases provided for by external laws and regulations, as well as for the protection of the Company’s legitimate interests, e.g. in the event of legal proceedings or other proceedings before the courts or other public authorities against a person who has infringed the Company’s legitimate interests;
- if the third party concerned is required to provide data within the framework of a concluded contract in order to perform a function necessary for the performance of the contract or delegated by law (for example, to a bank for settlement purposes).
Cookies. A cookie is a small string of text sent by a website server to a customer (usually a web browser), which is stored on the user’s computer or mobile device as a regular file. It allows the server to identify the user by checking the cookie sent by the Customer.
Types and purposes of cookies:
- Technical cookies: To offer our users an advanced and user-friendly website that automatically adapts to users’ needs and preferences. To achieve this, technical cookies are used to display the website to users so that the website works properly.
- Functional cookies: To remember user preferences and to help you use the company’s website as productively as possible, for example by remembering the service you have chosen. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the website, but they are additionally useful to the user as they improve the user experience.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies are used to gain insight into how users use the website, to find out what works and what does not work, to optimize and improve the website and to ensure that the services we offer to users remain interesting and relevant. The company records data such as the pages viewed by the user, the type of platform you use, date / time information, number of clicks on the page, mouse movements, scrolling movements, search words you use. Analytical cookies only identify the user’s device but do not reveal the user’s identity. In some cases, some of the analytical cookies are managed by third parties, such as Google Analytics, Facebook, on behalf of the company, in accordance with the company’s instructions and only for the purposes indicated. Google Analytics links the information from visits to the company’s website with Google information from users with login accounts who have consented to this linking for the purpose of personalizing advertisements.
You can choose to prevent Google Analytics from receiving information about your activities on the website. Find out more.
- Advertising cookies. Both SIA “TOLMETS” and third party cookies are used to serve personalized ads on our and other websites. These are called referrals and are based on your browsing activity on our website, such as the services you are looking for. These cookies are usually placed by third parties, such as Google AdWords and Facebook, with our permission, in accordance with the stated purposes. Google Analytics links the visit information collected on our website with Google information from users with login accounts who have consented to this linking for the purpose of personalizing advertisements. This Google information may include end-user location, search history, YouTube history and data from websites that are Google partners — and is used to provide aggregated and anonymized insights into user behaviour across devices.
How do I accept, disable or delete cookies?
To disable cookies, activate the setting on your browser that allows you to cancel the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to disable all cookies (including technical cookies), you may not be able to access all areas of the website.
E-mail confidentiality. The information contained in each e-mail message / attachments is confidential and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete the message / attachments. Any unauthorized copying of the message / attachments or distribution of the information contained therein is prohibited.
Processing of personal data obtained through the contact form. When using the contact form to ask questions and, respectively, to send personal data, the information referred to in the request, including the contact details provided therein, will be stored in order to process the request and, if necessary, to ask further questions. The enquirer may withdraw his or her consent to the use of the information contained in the contact form at any time by notifying the Company in writing.
Video surveillance. In order to safeguard the Company’s legitimate interests, to prevent criminal offences and to protect the Company’s assets, video surveillance of the Company’s facilities is carried out.
For the provision of video surveillance, data processing and storage, the Company engaged a specialized company with the status of data processor. To contact the data processor, you must contact the Company.
Personal data for participation in lotteries – name, surname, address
By participating in the lottery of SIA “Tolmets”, the participant confirms that he or she is familiar with the lottery rules and the use of his or her data for the purposes of the lottery draw in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia. The rules of each lottery are developed separately, approved by the Lottery and Gambling Inspection and made publicly available.
Personal data profiling and automated decision-making. The Company does not carry out profiling or automated decision-making with regard to the processing of personal data.
Expected Age. The Company’s services are available to natural persons of legal age and with the appropriate legal capacity. The use of the Company’s services (and the respectful processing of data) by minors, persons under guardianship or custody is possible through appropriate representatives (parents, guardians or custodians).
Consent of the data subject to data processing and the right to withdraw it. The data subject shall have the right to withdraw the consent to the processing at any time, in the same way as given and/or by submitting a separate application. In such a case, no further processing based on the consent previously given for the specific purpose will be carried out. Withdrawal of consent shall not affect the processing of data carried out at the time when the Customer’s consent was valid.
Withdrawal of consent shall not interrupt the processing of data carried out on the basis of other legal grounds.
Contact with the Controller. The data subject has the right to contact the Company (data controller) to exercise his or her rights. Including, if the personal data information provided by the data subject changes, the data subject has the right to correct (rectify) his or her personal data by contacting the Company. The Company shall be entitled to take additional measures to identify as well as to document the fact of identification of the data subject and to document the fact of the information provided or other action taken. Anonymous requests, suggestions, complaints, letters, etc., shall not be processed or responded to by the Company. The Company shall be entitled to refuse to comply with a data subject’s request in the cases provided for by the regulatory enactments, as well as in the case when the data subject unreasonably refuses to provide his or her identifying information.
Contact with the Data Protection Officer. If the data subject is not satisfied with the information received from the Company (data controller) or has specific questions related to the implementation of data protection, the data subject may contact the Data Protection Officer appointed by the Company (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).